Making Our Communities Healthier
Want to make a difference in your school or community? Here are just a few things you can do through our initiatives:
- Learn how the people of Ivanhoe and Indian Mound in KCMO and Rosedale in KCK are taking big steps to improve healthy eating and active living through our Healthy Kids Initiative.
- Lead a classroom of students on a photo safari around their school and help them tell their stories of how their surroundings impact their health. Enter their photos in our 2014 I AM HERE Youth Photo Contest, which will launch early that year.
- Volunteer to help serve farm-fresh produce to students in our Farm to School Academy schools.
- Come to a meeting of the Greater Kansas City Food Policy Coalition and find out how to strengthen our local food system.
- Take the pledge to Eat Local for the Holidays! Include one locally grown item in a holiday celebration this year and you'll be entered to win a local grocery gift card.