KC Healthy Kids will join a coalition of good food advocates in Missouri for a lobby day at the State Capitol. Join our Kansas City area delegation as we meet with decision makers and advocate for policies that support a strong food system.
Good Food Policy Lobby Day
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Missouri State Capitol
201 W Capitol Ave,
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Do you care about food justice in Missouri? Do you care about protecting traditional family farmers from the proliferation of factory farms? Join a broad coalition for a lobby day in Jefferson City that seeks a just food system that provides food access for all Missourians while defending the farmers who care for our land and rural communities.
We are a coalition of organizations who value access to healthy food for all Missourians, regardless of their means. We support traditional family farmers who grow nutritious food, care for the environment, and are partners in healthy rural communities. Decisions made in our state’s capitol can significantly impact food access and traditional family farmers, for better or worse.
Join a lobby day in Jefferson City where we will engage lawmakers to:
- Protect food access programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) from removing over 40,000 Missourians, including children, from this vital food access program.
- Support traditional family farmers and rural communities by defending their rights to live and work without the negative impacts of corporate, factory farms.
10:30 a.m. Arrive in Jefferson City & find parking (map to be provided)
11:00 a.m. Lunch and lobby day briefing (location TBD) *Lunch will be provided
12:00 p.m. Lobby day meetings with lawmakers
3:00 p.m. Debrief and depart for home
- American Heart Association – Missouri Chapter
- Empower Missouri
- Greater KC Food Policy Coalition
- KC Healthy Kids
- Missouri Coalition for the Environment
- Missouri Farmers Union
- Missouri Rural Crisis Center
- Operation Food Search
Send questions or find out how to be a sponsor organizations for the lobby day by contacting Ed Smith at Missouri Coalition for the Environment at email@example.com with the subject line “MoLeg Food Policy Lobby Day.”
Photo: Tim Bommel, Missouri House of Representatives