The Kansas Alliance for Wellness is a statewide network of local food, farm and policy councils that advocate for local, state and national policies for more equitable access to healthy, affordable food.
KC Healthy Kids’ project director, Miranda Klugesherz, connects and supports communities as they identify and address local food system priorities from farm to table and beyond.
Resources for Councils
- Case Study: Douglas County KS Culinary Commons (2019)
- Operating Farmers Markets in Kansas
- Season Extension Activities in Kansas: Legal and Local Policy Options
- Kansas Rural Center helps farmers and ranchers implement alternative practices, enhance natural resources, improve their livelihoods and support their rural communities.
- Public Health Law Center provides legal technical assistance for the Kansas Health Foundation, its grantees and partners.