Here are 10 ways you can speak out for good food policy in Kansas City today and everyday.
1. Support food chain workers by supporting efforts to expand Medicaid, including voting YES on Amendment 2 in Missouri on August 4.
2. Join Food Chain Workers Alliance and HEAL Food Alliance in calling on decision makers to #ProtectAllWorkers. Nearly 38,000 meat workers have tested positive for COVID-19, yet they STILL lack basic protections like six feet of space and the ability to stay home when sick. Tyson, JBS and other meat companies continue to profit, while workers are forced to choose between their lives and their livelihoods.
3. Speak out about the next federal aid package. Join Food Research Action Center, the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition and others in demanding that the next aid package help those most harmed by the pandemic. Call your US Senators at (202) 224-3121 and demand the next stimulus bill:
4. Learn more about racism, racial equity and racial justice in food systems. Here are some resources to get you started.
5. Use our COVID 19 policy resource page to track policy developments impacting our food system.
6. Mark your calendars & spread the word! The first-ever National Food Policy Council convening will still be in Kansas City, but has been rescheduled for September 20-22, 2021. Stay tuned for details!
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.